Registering: You must be registered to vote in any election in Iowa. You may register to vote if:
- You are a citizen of the United States, and a resident of Iowa
- You are at least 17 1/2 years of age or older
You must provide the following information:
- Iowa Driver’s License # or last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
- Your full name
- Your residence address
- Your date of birth
- Your name and address as given on your last registration(if applicable)
You may decline to give the following information:
- Your political party preference
- Your telephone number
- Your social security number
WARNING: You can be convicted and fined up to $7,500.00 and/or jailed for up to five years for false information.
As of January1, 2008 you may register at your precinct on Election Day. Be sure to bring along a photo id with an expiration date stating your current address. If your photo id does not have your current address please contact the Auditor’s Office at (641) 673-7148 for additional requirements.
- 10 Days before Primary and General Elections which will be a Saturday The Election Department will be open from 8am to 4pm on that Saturday
- 11 Days before all other Elections which will be a Friday
Please refer to the election calendar
The Election Department will be open normal weekday hours from 8am to 4:30pm
Where to register: Mahaska County Auditors’s Office, Courthouse, 106 S 1st Street, Oskaloosa IA 52577
Eligible citizens may also register at the Iowa Department of Transportation offices or use the Voter Registration forms found in the Government Section of both the U.S. West and the McLeod telephone directories.
Questions: Direct questions to the Election Department at (641)673-7148.