Mahaska County Law Center
214 High Avenue East
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Jamey A. Robinson, EMA/911 Administrator
Josh Stevens, Deputy Coordinator
Phone: (641) 672-1209
Emergency Notification System: Alert Iowa
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
The mission of the Mahaska County Emergency Management Agency is to serve the citizens of the county through effective planning for natural, man-made, and technological disasters. Our goal is to save lives and to protect property through coordination of an integrated emergency management system with all emergency response organizations, support services and volunteers. We will be an advocate for greater community efforts to mitigate and prepare for potential emergencies. We will support efforts to train and exercise emergency responders in both the public and private sectors. We will manage and coordinate efforts toward a rapid recovery from disasters with an effective disaster assistance program.This agency is committed to effective actions to prevent some disasters and to reduce the impact of those over which we have no control.
- Emergency Management in Mahaska County includes preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation activities.
- Address all risks that threaten the health, safety and welfare of the county including natural disasters (wind storms, floods), man-made disasters (industrial accidents), and civil actions (terrorism, bomb threats, civil unrest).
- Assist businesses and individuals in preparation of disaster and recovery plans.
- Coordinate response and recovery efforts in time of disaster.
- Assist in coordination of severe weather spotting.