Welcome to the Mahaska County Treasurers webpage. If you need additional information you may contact our office at 641-673-5482.
Sone Scott, Treasurer
Mahaska County Courthouse
106 South 1st Street
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
Tax: (641) 673-5482
Auto (641) 673-4618
Driver's License: (641) 673-9521
Fax: (641) 673-2586
- Tax Department: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Motor Vehicle: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Driver's License: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Written Exam: 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Car Drive Test: Monday / Wednesday / Friday
- D-1 Chauffeur and D-2 Chauffeur Drive Test Tuesday, by Appointment Only
- Motorcycle Drive Test: Thursday 9:00 a.m., by Appointment Only
Effective April 1, 2012: The County Treasurer's Drivers License Department DISCONTINUED offering CDL pre-trip, skills and drive testing. We were no longer able to accommodate the GEOGRAPHICAL REQUIREMENTS for the new STATE MANDATED COMMERCIAL driver license testing. We continue to offer CDL KNOWLEDGE and issuance of Commercial Driver Licenses.
Mahaska County Treasurer 106 South First Street Oskaloosa, IA 52577
The Mahaska County Courthouse is centrally located in Oskaloosa, Iowa. We are located at 106 South First Street adjacent to the town square. Handicap parking is available on the north side of the Courthouse as well as a handicap accessible ramp.
The Treasurers office (Tax and Automobile/Drivers License) is on the first floor of the Courthouse. You will enter the Courthouse on the ground level. Go up one flight of stairs to the first floor, an elevator is also available. The Treasurers office is to the right.
The Treasurers office consists of the Tax and Automobile/Drivers License Departments. All three departments are clearly marked with signs above each door for your convenience.